STD & STI Testing Clinic
An active sex life plays an important role in healthy relationships but it also carries risks. Engaging in any sexual activity without protection can result in sexually transmitted infections (STI) or unintended pregnancies. Sexual health encompasses these issues as well as counselling and other preventative measures.
Northbridge Medical Centre is a modern practice based in Perth. We are committed to providing high standards of care in a friendly environment. Our services are easily accessible with provision of care focused around each of our patients.
Sexual health is just as important as physical and mental health. Ignoring any symptoms can considerably impact quality of life. We offer a multidisciplinary service to screen, test, and treat patients with sexually transmitted diseases/infections (STDs/STIs).
Some of the more common STIs are:
- Genital herpes
- Viral Hepatitis
STDs are mostly serious conditions that require immediate treatment and therefore unprotected sex is best avoided until both you and your partner have been screened. Prevention is better than cure. Some such as HIV cannot be cured and are deadly but some can be treated with antibiotics or antivirals. Symptoms can vary and can often be silent.
Generally, the symptoms of STIs can include:
- unusual discharge from the penis, vagina or anus
- pain during sex or urination
- sores, blisters, ulcers, warts or rashes in the genital area
- itchiness or irritation in the genital area
- persistent diarrhoea
- fever or flu-like symptoms
- abnormal or unusual vaginal bleeding, especially after having sex
- pain in the scrotum or testicles
- lumps and bumps on the genitals
If you have started a new sexual relationship or think you may have an STI then it is important to schedule appointment for STD testing.
Contact us to make an appointment at our STD clinic in Perth.
Specialised Sexual Health Services
At Nova Medical Centre Stirling, we offer much more than testing and treatments for STDs. Other specialised services we offer at our practice include:
- Pregnancy screening, counselling, and management
- Women’s health counselling services including fertility counselling
- Contraceptive procedures including hormonal subcutaneous implant/removal and intrauterine device (IUD) or Mirena insertion
We are able to arrange non-invasive screening procedures conducted during pregnancy to identify health problems which could affect you or your baby. We also offer counselling for couples coping with infertility and contraceptive procedures for various types of birth control.
Treatments to prevent infections in people exposed to sexual diseases and contact tracing are also available. If necessary, we can refer our patients to a Clinical Psychologist, Social Worker, Counsellor or Women’s Health Physiotherapist.
Contact us today for assistance or book an appointment at our practice with our online system.